ACM ICMR 2023 is calling for high quality original papers addressing innovative research in multimedia retrieval and its related broad fields. The main scope of the conference is not only search and retrieval of multimedia data but also analysis and understanding of multimedia contents including community-contributed social data, lifelogging data and automatically generated sensor data, integration of diverse multimodal data, deep learning-based methodology and practical multimedia applications.
Long research papers should present complete work with evaluations on topics related to the Conference. They will have both oral and poster presentations at the conference. Authors of selected papers based on novelty and quality will be offered an opportunity to extend their work for a Special Issue in the International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval. Short research papers should present preliminary results or more focused contributions. They will be presented as posters at the conference.
Topics of Interest
- Multimedia content-based search and retrieval,
- Multimedia-content-based (or hybrid) recommender systems,
- Large-scale and Web-scale multimedia retrieval,
- Multimedia content extraction, analysis, and indexing,
- Multimedia analytics and knowledge discovery,
- Multimedia machine learning, deep learning, and neural networks,
- Relevance feedback, active learning, and transfer learning,
- Fine-grained retrieval for multimedia,
- Event-based indexing and multimedia understanding,
- Semantic descriptors and novel high- or mid-level features,
- Crowdsourcing, community contributions, and social multimedia,
- Multimedia retrieval leveraging quality, production cues, style, framing, and affect,
- Synthetic media generation and detection,
- Narrative generation and narrative analysis,
- User intent and human perception in multimedia retrieval,
- Query processing and relevance feedback,
- Multimedia browsing, summarization, and visualization,
- Multimedia beyond video, including 3D data and sensor data,
- Mobile multimedia browsing and search,
- Multimedia analysis/search acceleration, e.g., GPU, FPGA,
- Benchmarks and evaluation methodologies for multimedia analysis/search,
- Privacy-aware multimedia retrieval methods and systems,
- Fairness and explainability in multimedia analysis/search,
- Legal, ethical and societal impact of multimedia retrieval research,
- Applications of multimedia retrieval, e.g., news/journalism, media, medicine, sports, commerce, lifelogs, travel, security, and environment.
Maximum Length of a Paper
Long research paper: Each long research paper should not be longer than 8 pages, plus additional pages for the list of references.
Short research paper: Each short research paper should not be longer than 4 pages, plus additional pages for the list of references.
- Paper Submission Due:
January 31, 2023February 12, 2023
- Notification of Acceptance: March 31, 2023
- Camera-Ready Papers Due:
April 17, 2023April 25, 2023
ACM ICMR follows a double-blind review process for full paper selection. Authors should not know the names of the reviewers of their papers, and reviewers should not know the name(s) of the author(s). Please prepare your paper in a way that preserves anonymity of the authors:
- Do not put your names under the title,
- Avoid using phrases such as “our previous work” when referring to earlier publications by the authors,
- Remove information that may identify the authors in the acknowledgments (e.g., co-workers and grant IDs),
- Check supplemental material for information that may identify the authors’ identity,
- Avoid providing links to Websites that identify the authors.
Abstract and Keywords
The abstract and the keywords form the primary source for assigning papers to reviewers. So make sure that they form a concise and complete summary of your paper with sufficient information to let someone who has not read the full paper know what it is about.
See the Paper Submission section.
For any question regarding full and short paper submissions, please visit the conference website (icmr2023.org) or email the Program Chairs:
- Vasileios Mezaris, Centre for Research and Technology Hellas, Greece (email@example.com)
- Symeon Papadopoulos, Centre for Research and Technology Hellas, Greece (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Adrian Popescu, CEA LIST, France (email@example.com)
- Zi (Helen) Huang, University of Queensland, Australia (firstname.lastname@example.org)